Saturday, January 28, 2006

At Evansville

When writing about Bradley basketball, I have to be very careful that I get everything right because there are a lot of knowledgeable Bradley basketball fans out there in the blogosphere. So I will say what I BELIEVE I saw on WEEK-TV tonight when Bradley played Evansville at Evansville. Going into tonight’s game, Evansville had 1 win and 9 losses in the Valley.

Here is what I believe I saw:

WEEK-TV flashed on the screen four times that the game was being played in Peoria at Carver Arena. I’m not sure the name of the Evansville arena was ever appeared in print unless you could read the printing on the floor or it appeared when I was switching channels.

Final score in overtime; Bradley 79, Evansville 76. Hey, a win is a win, right?

Probably the worst coach in the valley who must be married to the daughter of the President of the Board of Trustees at Evansville.

A game that if you missed it, I’m sure you made better use of your time.

More proof for many of us that it is past time for a change at Bradley in the sports department; maybe on more than one level.

Interesting entertainment by two teams which I guess all this money spent on basketball satisfies the loyal Braves.

Bradley had the best INDIVIDUAL talent on the floor tonight as they have all season.

I went to a game the other night (free ticket) and Bradley played quite well. Quite well against weak teams won’t win the Valley or get an invite to a tournament.

Just one mans opinion. Don’t take me too seriously; I’ve only watched Bradley basketball for more than 45 years and I’ve seen the good, the bad and the in-between when it comes to making the best out of the talent the coach brings to the game. I’ll get more interested in the current program when the current Bradley pres and his board shows they are interested in bringing Bradley back to the top of at least the Valley, in basketball.

Again, I invite all comments from the JS Sports channel viewers. Hope I didn’t misspell any words or names tonight.

No comments: