Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dick Versace for Congress 9/30/07

Dick has an unlisted phone number. I had to reach him thru another source but I could not be given his phone number. When he did call me, I asked if he would be interested in speaking before my club. One thing about Versace, he was always interesting to hear. He said he couldn't talk right then because he had a Senator holding on another line and he would call me back. That's been two weeks ago.

I was Vice-President of the Bradley Chiefs Club and membership chairman when Coach Stowell was asked to step down and Versace was hired. I resigned my position and from the board when he addressed a group and said "My name is Versace, my name is Versace, my name is Versace and remember that".

The man has an ego larger than George B. and is a lot more arrogant. He might fit in well with Pelosi, Waters, Rangel and Edwards.

Some of you may remember when Dick resigned at Bradley after a half-hearted MCAA investigation into Bradley basketball violations. After Bradley was given a slap on the wrist and Versace left for "greener pastures", an attorney friend closely involved in the litigation said that "if the NCAA had asked the right questions, Bradley would have been fried."

The AD at Bradley told me that Versace racked up $10,000.00 in phone bill's in one month but Bradley hierachy wasn't concerned because they wanted a guy who could recruit. Dick could recruit all right but questions still remain why some of the talent sought widely by other nationally known colleges wound up at Bradley. Perhaps the board didn't know that when Coach Stowell had a $200.00 phone bill he was chastised by AD Chuck Osborne.

Any way, if you want politics as usual, Versace, Versace, and I mean Versace would fit right in.

No comments: