Monday, February 11, 2008

Some things I read and agree with

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable--attributed to John Galbraith

"Stop worrying about what junior will be doing when he grows up. Better go see what he is doing now".

A prisoner talking to his cellmate, "DNA proves I was unjustly convicted. However, I'm guilty of seven other crimes"--Salt and Pepper

I enjoy reading letters to Editor in the WSJ. A recent one I quote as written by Mike Staats of Peoria. Mike writes "Money isn't everything when it comes to legacies". Your (WSJ) article "When Inheritance is Negative" pretty much nailed the issues involved in caring for parents. My wife and I are primary caregivers for our four "90-somethings." We never really think in terms of positive or negative inheritances. However, there is some significant stress, considerable time restraints, tension and emotional toll. We hope our kids and grandkids are paying attention.

Bottom line: It's a fairly easy matter to arrive on this earth; making your exit from this big blue marble can be a whole lot tougher, and you better be planning ahead".

Good article, Mike and nice to see a common sense letter from a local.

No comments: