Thursday, September 11, 2008

Palin - Some Comparisons

An email forwarded to me. Just passing it on in a blog content.

Subject: FW: Who Am I?



Wall Street Journal
posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:58:50 AM
Who Am I?
I am under 45 years old,
I love the outdoors,
I hunt,
I am a Republican reformer,
I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,
I have many children,
I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.
Did you guess?






I am Teddy Roosevelt in 1900
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And a bit more on Teddy.......
In 1901, as Vice President, the 42-year-old Roosevelt succeeded President William McKinley after McKinley's assassination by anarchist Leon Czolgosz. He is the youngest person to become President. He was a Progressive reformer who sought to move the dominant Republican Party into the Progressive camp. He distrusted wealthy businessmen and dissolved forty monopolistic corporations as a "trust buster". He was clear, however, to show he did not disagree with trusts and capitalism in principle but was only against corrupt, illegal practices. His "Square Deal" promised a fair shake for both the average citizen (through regulation of railroad rates and pure food and drugs) and the businessmen.

Merle said,he also ran on a third party ticket after being rejected by the elite. He lost largely because he was to "politically correct" and had antagonized big money.

No comments: