Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stephanie Aaron Will be Performing in the Area This Weekend

This talented lovely lady performances shouldn't be missed.

Merle

Hello Nice People!

I hope that everyone's spring is bouncing along beautifully - and that you are ready for some heavy swinging. I am so happy and excited to announce that I'm coming downstate to release my new CD, The Song of the Lark this weekend. Join me on Friday, April 20th at the Contemporary Art Center in Peoria (305 SW Water Street) and get your copy! My beloved companeros Larry Harms and Cory Flanigan (have you seen this, Cory fans? http://www.alternatemode.com/katartists/ - this is one versatile cat) along with Good Mike Nellas on bass will be playing cuts from the record with me and playing a few "new" tunes from 5:30 to 7:30. Larry and I will have our CD available for purchase as well, so if The Pleasure Corruption Collection isn't part of your collection, now's your chance to make the addition. PS, "Lucky Lips" is on that disc.
On Saturday, we bring it all to our friends in Bloomington-Normal at Swinger's, located at 1304 Cross Creek Drive in Normal. We start at 7 and go till 10 - come early and have a little supper and then let's all jump...it's been a long time since we've been to Swinger's and I'm already eager to see everybody and sing for you all. Tell everybody you know and bring your pin money so you can treat yourself to a new CD from a real Chicago jazz singer! Tim Brickner will be taking the bass chair, and you know that means we will be tearing it up.
I hope to see everyone and their mother this weekend, and I really mean that - I'm planning on swinging a tune especially for the moms.
Cheers!
Stephanie
PS - Jazz is coming to the UU Church on Richwoods Blvd this Sunday in the form of...me! And Larry too, and Cory and Tim Brickner. It's the church's annual Jazz Sunday and we are their guests this year. The preachin' starts at 10:30.

No comments: