Monday, August 20, 2012

Housing Agency Closes Amid Mystery

This is a JS headline today. And a poor headline at that. There should have been no mystery to the alleged fraudulent actions of Pioneer Civic Services. I discovered this secretive operation in the late 1990's when raising money for Phoenix House. I made an innocent inquiry as the housing situation I was told to talk to Steven Clark, who when reached by phone, asked what concern it was to me. When I told him I was making inquiry as a tax-paying citizen, he refused to continue talking to me.

As I left, I encountered a crying young girl sitting on the ground outside this building. She at first refused to talk to me but finally told me that she had been told to leave the building despite having no place to go. I went back in the building and reported her story and was told it was none of my concern.

I hope HUD does a thorough investigation as to where the money went and why it wasn't spent on its intended purpose. HUD should also have kept a better eye on their Section 8 program where cronyism was rampart in many parts of the country.

No comments: