Monday, October 29, 2012

Lies, Damned Lies and U.S. Politics



Terry Riley from New York writes, "I won't call Obama a lair, despite his claims that: "We've got shovel ready projects all across the country."

"We'll go through our federal-budget - page by page- line by line- eliminating those programs we don't need".

It is sure taking him a long time since there hasn't been a federal budget in at least the last three years, my comments.

"I never heard Jeremiah Wright say those things." -- But Obama sat in Wright's church for 20 years. Obama never heard Wright say hateful things against America or white folks? Did Obama sleep through the fiery shouted sermons?

"I'll cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term." "If you like the health-care plan you have you can keep it." "I don't want to pit red America against blue America."

He said if elected, "We will be able to look back and tell our children--this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

He was right on slow but it was the economy. And he sure hasn't slowed the Atlantic Ocean.

"Health care bill negotiations will be transparent and  broadcast on C-SPAN". Didn't happen.

"I'll close Gitmo." Didn't happen.

"I'll pass comprehensive immigration reform." Didn't do it.

Though all are untrue, the problem is that he believes what he says.

I say he doesn't know what be believes and if he has beliefs, he doesn't believe what most of us believe that we are not heading is the right direction.

Four more years of ObamaBeliefs, it will be too late to right the ship in my lifetime.

No comments: