Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Macy's Closing in Peoria and Bloomington-Normal a Blessing?

To the remaining big box stores in Peoria. It may make me wrong in my prediction. Trump's largely unsuspected election is helping to prove me wrong on one other prediction.

And now I am enjoying sunshine and warmth and not concerning myself with what's going on with Gary Matthews, the Warehouse District, the streets, the local budgets and the 600,000 to 800,000 new visitors promised by the spokesperson for the mostly completed Louisville Slugger Complex.

Perhaps this multitude will stay on the Northwest side of Peoria and won't notice how our streets, sidewalks and curb are deteriorating in most of the rest of the City and County.

Hope these optimistic projections like those made by two respected Bradley University Professors don't turn out like the never to be $16 million yearly new business that the new museum would bring in to the area.

No comments: